Sunday, March 23, 2008

the ham/bacon in the US isn't ALL THAT GREAT!

I have to say that I feel blessed to be surrounded by GREAT friends. People of whom I need not claim BEST FRIENDS, but yet they are the people I know I can count on and have my back.

Counting on the days till I get my ass back to Malaysia, so many mixed emotions linger. I do at times ask myself "is this the right choice" but the feeling of certainty, that 2 1/2 years overseas is enough for now overwhelms.

It is also uplifting when I speak to friends who seem to look forward to my return. People who with open arms invite me to live under one roof with them allowing me to re-settle down, or even the simple gesture of helping me hand out my resume. I am so grateful to you people who have been supportive of my decisions.

On the other hand... I encounter TOO MANY annoying people who give me the impression that I am making the most foolish decision by returning to Malaysia instead of striving to stay in the LAND OF PLENTY. People for your information; I happen to be in the state that has the HIGHEST RATE of unemployment ok! and not to mention dah la, being on a international student visa limits my chances somewhat, even LOCALS can't get their desired job. But do I regret moving to Chicago? NO! My life doesn't just revolve around making money ok... it happens to include shopping, clubbing, socializing and having time for myself which at time could mean splurging on myself and not worrying too much about my bloody FUTURE CONDO!

I enjoy the company of my housemates. The friends I have made. The humble lessons I have learnt from working as a barista and an event coordinator. Do I a college graduate with a triple major need to enter the corporate world? I tried and I admit I did not succeed. Did I try hard enough? Maybe not, but seriously, I can't regret what I have chosen to do. I am not earning the BIG BUCKS of which some idiots think is BIG MONEY after conversion... but so what. My parents aren't complaining so no one else should; after all it's not you who I S.O.S when I need money, it'll be my dad, so don't worry about my "mistake" of not staying in the US.

It's sickening when people tell me to stay on here in the US. Firstly, these people HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN HERE to know what life is like here. Also, if they have been here, dude, realize that coming for a holiday isn't the same as LIVING IN IT! And hello, just because you can earn good money being a server/waitress because of tips does not mean that I WANT TO DO THAT. Yes I understand that there is this floating mentality (most people hold regardless of nationality) that the grass is always greener on the other side, but seriously, we all have different opinions ok, so if you feel that the US is the best bet, do me the honor of COMING HERE YOURSELF and stop telling me not to return to Malaysia. And just because you eat IMPORTED ham or bacon, don't tell me that that is the BEST meat you have eaten *you annoying so called "imported food is the BEST" humans grrrrrrrr

I have been blessed throughout my life. My dad worked hard to give me the opportunity to even be here. And I KNOW that come the the time that I want to come back here, I will be able to. I have faith that that is ALWAYS possile.

For now, I am still going to go where the wind blows... I am free and have no commitments other than being happy and being a good daughter.

I want to know how the HAM OR BACON tastes like in other countries.

No comments: